The Houtzagerij in den Koele Blonde is a cozy bar directly next to the main entrance of the W&N building at the VU campus. The old-fashioned student pub in the middle of this university building makes for a cozy and intimate setting for many graduation, promotion and publication celebrations. The pub is equipped with a long bar where soft drinks, juices, wines, draft beers and craft beers are served. Snacks can also be facilitated to go along with the drink assortment. The pub is also equipped with a high-end music system, so you can play your own music. A projector is also available for showing pictures to go along with your event.
The room can be reserved by people related to the Faculty of Science. If the event is not related to the Faculty of Science or it deviates from the standards, the Board of the Houtzagerij in den Koele Blonde will decide whether to host the event. It is also possible to host an event in the ‘Tuinzaal’, the M0-hallway or another room within the W&N building. These locations are not standard but can be arranged in contact with the Board. Beyond that the location also must be available at the time of the event.
Social drink inquiry
Below you can find the inquiry form. The terms have to be accepted by marking the checkbox before ‘Agree to terms’. As soon as your request has come through, we will get back to you within a week. If we have not contacted you within this timeframe, contact us by mail (email@example.com) or by phone (0205987411).
- The inquirer has to be a member of study association GeoVUsie. If this term is not fulfilled, a one-year membership contribution fee will be charged.
- A minumum consumption fee of €30,- will be charged for an event in the Houtzagerij in den Koele Blonde. If the event is hosted in the ‘Tuinzaal’ the minimum consumption fee is €75,-.
- Given prices serve only as an indication. No rights can be claimed from given prices.
- It is not allowed to drink your own drinks or liquors during the event.
- Filling in the inquiry form does not guarantee the event can be held. The Board will get back to you within a week.