As a Geotechnical Engineer you assist the more Senior Geotechnical Engineers with work on site characterisation and foundation engineering for structures in or on the seabed e.g. offshore wind turbine generators, intercontinental infrastructure and offshore platforms. You do this by providing high-quality soil characterisation under demanding conditions. A varied role in which field work is combined with in-office reporting and engineering analyses and in which you continue to develop your geotechnical knowledge.
- You manage the work around the process of acquiring, analysing, engineering and interpreting geotechnical data in order to provide accurate and customised services to our clients;
- You provide geotechnical advice independently in contexts which are straightforward and in more complex situations you work on solutions to clients together with more Senior Geotechnical Engineers by putting acquired geotechnical data into context;
- You work offshore (approximately 120 days per year) and in the office on a wide range of projects in Europe and Africa with a variety in character, scale and complexity;
- Together with a team of geotechnical engineers you go offshore and acquire data, perform laboratory tests, collect and process soil and/or rock samples;
- You evaluate the test results, perform engineering analyses and compile all results into a high-quality report for our clients.
Your track record
- You have a BSc or MSc degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Geology, preferably in combination with relevant working experience;
- You have knowledge of and interest in soil investigation, soil mechanics and foundation engineering;
- You have excellent communication and language skills in English (written and spoken);
- You have a hands-on mentality, you are pro-active, analytical and you easily interact with other people internally and externally;
- You are an EU member or in the possession of an EU work permit.
What Fugro offers
- A competitive salary;
- 29 holidays per year based on a full time employment (of which 4 are appointed by Fugro management) and the possibility to purchase 12 additional days;
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally;
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies;
- Commuting allowance;
- Modern pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance;
- Possibility to register with our corporate fitness plan;
- Coaching options through our EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Are you interested?
Please visit our Company Page to find out more on what it is like to work at Fugro.
For further information, please contact Stefanie Baldassarri-Steenhauer, Corporate Recruiter, tel. +31 (0)6-114 55954.
After you have applied
- You will receive an automated email receipt of your application;
- If we see a match, we will schedule a call with a member of our recruitment team to briefly discuss your application;
- Of course, we will also contact you, should we decide not to invite you for an interview;
- We aim to plan your first round of interviews, via Teams;
- After a successful first round, you will be invited for the second round;
- If the Covid-19 situation allows, we would like to arrange for the second interview to be held in our office;
- If we are both still positive after the second interview, we will make you an offer and with that, we hope to welcome you at Fugro!
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je careers.fugro.com.